Friday, April 06, 2007

Dream: the sorrowful battle cry.....

On Monday of this Holy week I had a really deep and profound dream. I won't go into the entire dream...mostly because I can not remember it, but the one part I do remember felt like it was real. (you know the kind...when you wake up you just knew that it was real and wonder how you got into bed...instead of wondering how you go in the dream)

Well, I remember that I walked up into a war torn town square (it felt like Europe but nothing made it seem like a specific town...maybe Rome or somewhere in Italy?) I walked up to a single man standing in the center of a gathered group of people. I noticed that the people were not average people. They were all mentally handicapped or homeless. I thought it weird, but i felt like I was destined to see the event take place. The Man in the center moved like what I would think an Angel would move...just so smooth and yet purposeful. Each movement was almost like a dance of pure grace.

I noticed that he had a small mentally challenged girl that was wobbly holding a glass...almost drunk like. And the man was pouring wine or grape juice into the cup and as she swayed and bobbed he perfectly joined her in her movements pouring the wine/grape juice into the cup. Not a drop was spilt on the ground, it was almost like he joined her in her debilitating movements and showed us all that he could dance with her. But this was not a dance in the sense that most of us think of dancing, it was so close to liturgy that no one could tell the difference. And all of us were in awe of the beauty that was unfolding before us.

After he finished pouring the wine (funny I don't remember him having a container to pour from) he perfectly matched the girls movements to take the glass from her. And in that movement there were two drops that just barely dropped over the rim of the glass, and everyone watching (in amazement) gasped at the thought of this blood colored wine dropping on the floor, not because the man would not be able to finished this feat with out spilling any, but because this wine was precious...beautiful....sacred.

Then the man with his thumb and middle finger saved both tears of wine from going any further down the glass and brought them back home to the inside the glass. Then out of nowhere it started to rain blood and my view point changed to following two drops of the blood falling from he sky and as they danced down spinning through the sky they feel right above the man and he proceeded to move the glass so as to catch the two drops with the wine glass. And then everything went into slow motion. The two drops of blood hit the wine and changed the entire glass to blood. nothing seemed gross or disgusting, but beautiful. And immediately the homeless man I was standing behind yelled out, "JESUS!!!!!". And in that one moment everyone knew no matter their mental abilities, that we were witnessing Jesus. It all just became clear. And the cry from the homeless man, was one of sheer pain and passion.

It was a sorrowful battle cry.

We knew that the man was filled with sadness, but at the same time he was invigorated by the battle the man was having with death. Jesus immediately fell to the ground spilling the blood filled wine glass all over the ground and everyone joined the homeless man, including me with lifting our hands to the heavens. Then the body of Jesus started to float up to the heavens, and as his body was coming back to life and floating to the heavens, I awake.

I woke up with my face towards the ceiling and my arms lifted with tears in my eyes. I worshiped, and desired so much to go back to the reality of my dream.

May you all live in the ultimate reality of Christ this Holy week! Worship with your life! Worship with your life! And join the homeless, widows, orphans, socially unaccepted and live a sorrowful battle cry. Live with the same passion that he lived for us!

Amen! Glory to God!

8 comments:

Scott said...

Powerful dream of an amazing reality D.G. Happy Easter - Scott.

Anonymous said...

Very moving and symbolic dream. The tears and the blood along with the physically hurt people was most moving. We all have mental hurt and can be so grateful that Christ did atone for our sins. Do have a very great Easter. Daddy's comment was old men will dream dreams and young men will prophesy in the end days. He was just giving you a hard time. Love, Mom

The Voice in the Desert said...

I read this again DG and it made me think even more that this was more than a dream.

How awesome. Happy almost Easter broseph!

Micky said...

About 3 years ago I dropped into a black hole – four months of absolute terror. I wanted to end my life, but somehow [Holy Spirit], I reached out to a friend who took me to hospital. I had three visits [hospital] in four months – I actually thought I was in hell. I imagine I was going through some sort of metamorphosis [mental, physical & spiritual]. I had been seeing a therapist [1994] on a regular basis, up until this point in time. I actually thought I would be locked away – but the hospital staff was very supportive [I had no control over my process]. I was released from hospital 16th September 1994, but my fear, pain & shame had only subsided a little. I remember this particular morning waking up [home] & my process would start up again [fear, pain, & shame]. No one could help me, not even my therapist [I was terrified]. I asked Jesus Christ to have mercy on me & forgive me my sins. Slowly, all my fear has dissipated & I believe Jesus delivered me from my “psychological prison.” I am a practicing Catholic & the Holy Spirit is my friend & strength; every day since then has been a joy & blessing. I deserve to go to hell for the life I have led, but Jesus through His sacrifice on the cross, delivered me from my inequities. John 3: 8, John 15: 26, are verses I can relate to, organically. He’s a real person who is with me all the time. I have so much joy & peace in my life, today, after a childhood spent in orphanages [England & Australia]. God LOVES me so much. Fear, pain, & shame, are no longer my constant companions. I just wanted to share my experience with you [Luke 8: 16 – 17].

Peace Be With You
Micky

+ Alan said...

Amen indeed. Tears to my eyes. The Precious Blood. The Real Presence of Jesus in that Cup. Happy Easter man.

Fitz said...

What an amazing dream! I have dreams about juggling meatballs and you have these kinds of dreams. It's not fair! I'm jealous...

Tarobot said...

I believe that dreams allow us to experience brief glimpses into the true mysteries of God that we are unaware of in our daily lives. Thanks for sharing one of yours. The fearlessness with wich you write your blog is what makes it so good DG. Keep up the good work and we'll keep reading.

DGH said...

Thanks everyone for your comments. I apprecite all of you (even micky who I have no idea who you are, heh) I really debated to put this dream on here or not, but I decided i would do it a few days after I had it just incause it might touch others as much as it touched me. Thank you again for your thoughts, comments, and prayers!!! nad thank you so much to my Dad and Fitz for the great laugh..and for Nate's email.