Friday, January 19, 2007

yesterday's lunch and a broken PPC...

Well, yesterday during lunch time Scott and I went out for a photo shoot. Scott is an amazing photographer and since I love photography...I decided to go with him every month or so and we go around the area to take pictures of different places and things. Yesterday we went to the Cincy Krohn Conservatory ad saw all the great plants and flowers they had...one entire section was closed so they could change it around for the seasons...but I still had a ton of fun and Scott is great company! So here are a few of the pictures I took, if you want to see more than just go to my Flickr photos over there on the right side of my blog and you can view them all....

waterfallcolor
Here is the waterfall...I took this one without a tripod which is why the greenery around te water is a little blurry too, but the water came out great.

Orchid
The orchid room was amazing...it was not very big...but man those flowers are great!

lookinguptreecolor
Here is looking up a tree..... I loved the texture on the bark of the tree and just had to get a shot of it...and of course I love looking at things differently, so I decided looking up would be fun.

catus1
Barrel Cactus.... very cool cactus and just loved the shape. Ironic the shape is pleasing but the spikes are not, heh.

B&Wsuclant

Not sure the name of the succulent plant, but I just loved the Black and White version of this one. The black tips came out great and the design of it is great!

===============

Well, Tiffany and I went to a meeting yesterday and when I went to check my pocket PC (PPC) the screen was fried and I could not see anything on it... so the piece of tech that held my contacts, calendar, (a few games), and tons of notes and tasks is now officially dead! So, I will be attempting to see if I can get by with just using my laptop for all those items...but it just will not be as convenient to get a telephone number, enter a date, etc... Maybe I can hold out for PPCs to get cheaper when the iPhone comes out, heh... anyway...it is dead...and I will get to change the way I work a little bit...but who knows this might be a blessing in disguise.


Oh here are a few pictures that I had laying around my Flickr that I meant to put up here, but just never have until now....

DSC_3990dg
Here is a photo that my friend Scott shot of me for our church directory. They wanted a photo of us while at work, so we went to a local Starbucks and I thought this one was probably my favorite.

Here are a few more (this is mainly for my Mom....please do not think that I like to see my own photo...i hate it actually which is why I love photography.... most of te time you are not in yor own pictures, heh
DSC_3999dgDSC_3989dg

Buffalo
Here is a Buffalo mounted at the Longhorn Steak house in the shopping center that the Friday night OG meets... I thought I would grab a shot of it.

Robot lamp
Now this is a cool lamp I saw @ Lowe's! Man it looks and moves like a robot (not on it's own sadly), but what a cool lamp to have on a geek's desk!

Jedi Halo
lastly, here is Jedi Halo! Halo loves to get the covers under his nose and lift them over and over again until he is under them and comfortable...I took this shot when he decided to emerge from them in the morning.
-------------------------------------------

Well, yall have a wonderful weekend, God bless ya, and take care! KUTPs!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I loved the pictures on the blog today!! The orchids and closeup of the cactus and, of course, Jedi Halo!! I certainly want to visit the conservatory when we do come again. The best picture of all was of my precious, laughing son--what he does so often and so well. We love you and appreciate your efforts to stay in touch with everyone. Love, Mom

Scott said...

Nice post buddy. Your Krohn pics are great. I wasn't happy with any of mine.

DGH said...

Sorry Scott, I was looking forward to seeing them..oh well maybe next time...thanks again...and Thank you Momma I love you too!

farris said...

So, we get some of the royalties from sales of Church Directories that you collect for using our "scenery", right?


Thought so.

DGH said...

farris:

Not sure what you mean by that last comment... I think it is a joke..but I am just not getting it. Oh wait....maybe you think you own the Krohn...and that pictures of it are not public domain....and no worries.... because the only thing that is being used in a church directory is my picture...and it was in a Starbucks... But wait, hey your on to something here!

yeah that has to be it...with your profession being a kind of coffee drink what it is, heh heh... So, with your comment I immediately went to find out my rights as a photographer.... and I found this small summary:

http://www.krages.com/ThePhotographersRight.pdf

And as it turns out I guess we probably should have asked permission to take photos inside the Starbucks...but we were not take photos of the Starbucks we were taking them of me. And anything inside the Starbucks that "might give away trade secrets" is blurred in the back ground and not able to coherently viewable! So I guess the only thing I did wrong is not ask permission... or should have just gone outside to take the photos.... but here is what you have done wrong....

It is a CHURCH directory. No one buys our church directories, the church does not even buy them from the printing company... so you are welcome to all the royalties gained by the sell of the directories, because there are none. It is a church, and we try not to mess over those who would like to know each other.

Ha ha Ha


Who every you are I hop eyou know that I am tottally giving you a hard time and this entire comment is doen in jest...but I do thank you for forcing me to go look at my rights as a photographer. That was very helpful! Thanks ma...and God bless ya!

andrewmathew said...

Did you know there is a new cool and intimate new sushi place in Rome which offers high quality Japanese foods for eating or take-away, and offers great hand-made cakes and free wifi to all customers?
http://naoko-sushi-roma.blogspot.com/

Click to Visit