Friday, November 24, 2006

Our Thanksgiving Dinner, the bitter cold night for the Wii, and the victory over it....

Well our Thanksgiving dinner went wonderful1 We did not have as many people as we would have liked to come over...but Sean is VERY welcome company and we had plenty of food for the three of us!



here is a video of the feast:


And of course there was much sleeping ging on afterwards...darn you Turkey and food making us tired...but as you can see Halo was the most tired of all of us....



(and yes that is Sean he is sleeping on)

And of course it is that time of te year for the winter leaves to hang on for dear life....



===============

But here comes the good part. I asked Sean if he would want to join me in waiting in live for a Nintendo Wii? His Uncle is a worker of a gmaing company and with a littl ebit of loving letus know there were only 6 Wii Nintendo machines a this store and that if we wanted one we better get there VERY early! And so @ 11:30 p.m. Thanksgiving night we decided to go by the store and see if anyone was lining up to get a Wii...if there were we would get out and wait with them if there were less than 6 people, and when we drove by no one was there...so we went back to my house plained a little Gears of War, watched (with Tiffany) one episode of Grey's Anatomy and then we were off to go look again... So this time it was 1:45 a.m. the morning of Black Friday and we got there to find 3 people in live ahead of us!!! So we go tout and waited...and waited and waited and waited...and then it just kept getting colder and colder...(26 degrees is what it got down to). Eventually around 3:30 am I had to sit down so I got in the car and went and got chairs for everyone that was standing with us. And so here is the video I took about 2 hours before the store opened @ 7:00 am: (note there were more people by this time that just the original 4.)



===================

And Yes Here is the De-thaw from the Wii Black Friday Victory! Special thanks to Sean who did not ever buy a Wii, but stood out there all night long in the freezing cold just to give me company..and listen to Podcast together! Here we are at our after party in the car:




==================

Well, I hope yall's Thanksgiving and Black Friday went well! We have been having a ton of fun with the Wii today and I am sure that the youth group and the Hollums family will be putting it to good use during the next few years...Tons O Fun....sure do love yall, thankful for yall, and God bless yall!....KUTPs!!!

6 comments:

Philip said...

"Now you must come over to my house and play with my wee." Words I never thought I'd hear from D.G.'s mouth.

(p.s. I know it's spelled 'wii')

DGH said...

Thanks Philip...these are words that come out after extreme cold temperatures and sleep deprivation. heh heh.

Anonymous said...

LOL I hope you love the Wii and Zelda as much as I have. I'm about halfway through the game and it is MASSIVE!

mattl said...

hehe it's fun playing with your Wii

Fitz said...

Is the Wii worth the pain?

DGH said...

Yeah it is Matt, and Ftiz...yeah it is...heh... I think the Wii is the best four player game for any youth group...no youth group should be without one, heh...