Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The one with Halo and Sushi round 2, a rose, and some Halo casting call shots, heh...


First rose of the year in our front yard. It was awesome...and now it is dead..but I hope more will come this year.....

Dead sexy Halo picture....any lady dogs out there that need some lov'n? I am sure Halo is up for it, heh....
/>
You talking to me? I don't see anyone else around here..... you talking to me?

==============

Ladies and Gentlemen....lets get ready to rumble!!!!!



=============

Ok, well, Tiffany and I have a very busy few days and it has just begun! Thursday morning we got a call from our Bishop in New Mexico...and he said,

Bishop: "Where are you?"

Me: "Well, I am here in my house, are you at Annual Conference?" (What I was thinking, "Well, I am standing here in my underwear about to need to go to the bathroom...but you are on the phone"

Bishop: "Well, I called your and Tiffany's name @ the clergy session and you never came up so that we could ask you the historical questions for you to be ordained."

Me: "It was our understanding from all of the correspondence between everyone there in the NM Conference that we could do everything @ the Northwest Texas Conference."

Bishop: "Well, we have to get yall down here before the end of conference so we can vote yall in and ten the ordination service can be in Northwest Texas Conference next week."

My thoughts again: "Holy Cow we have no money to fly up there right now...Especially since Tiffany has a Confirmation retreat TODAY...and I have a hugely important meeting @ Florence about Th3 Waters that I have to be at this Sunday!"

Me: (Silence)

Bishop: "I tell you what...I will ask Val (his wife) to get yall flights down to Albq. and we will use our Rapid Reward Miles so that it is no cost to yall and we will try to take care of it as soon as possible."

Me: " Bishop, I am so sorry about all of this, and thank you so much, are you sure you want to do that?"

Bishop: "you look up the flight times and call Val and we will see if we can get yall up here for what needs to happen."

Me: "Thank you so much Bishop, Thank you!"

(phone hangs up.....I run to the bathroom, and yell in pure anxiety to Tiffany, "Tiffany.....we got to pack right now, because we are getting on a plane soon!"

Needless to say we got there and were officially approved by the clergy of NM to be ordained in full connection!!! Woo hoo! A step we were not expecting...but one that turned out to be a wonderful (even though tiring) trip! We got to see youth, and families from Santa Fe, and Whiterock, and tons of clergy friends that we love and adore!...and Also needless to say I hugged Val and the Bishop so many times they probably did not know what to do with us! Even through we got a total of about 7 hours of sleep over the course of three days it was good...but here is the kicker...we leave today to fly out to TX for the Northwest Texas Conference to be ordained on Friday and we will get back on Saturday only to flight back to TX two weeks after we return to lead a Jr. High Camp for a week! June is shaping up to be a CRAZY month...but I say al of this to ask for your prayers and thoughts....

love yall and thank you for being you in our lives! Take care and know you are being prayed for just by reading this blog...now that is something that I can offer that not a single other blog can give you for just reading it! God Bless yall!

Oh, and John (another friend of ours) will be house sitting and Halo has to take 4 pills a week right now for a UTI and some upset stomach stuff...so please keep them both in your prayers, heh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it!! Sorry things were so crazy for you. I am very glad that now you are officially elder and deacon now matter where in the NWTX or New Mexico conference you might go--or even if you stay in the Kentucky one. It's wonderful to be fully ordained. Love, Mom

Keith H. McIlwain said...

God bless you both!