Monday, February 20, 2006

This fat boy just ran a mile!!!!!!!!




Well, today, out of no where I just got through ruining the first mile of my life. 4 short and not too painful pals around that track just this morning! Funny I think my main motivation for running this morning was to stay warm. When I woke up around 5:45 this morning to talk e my dog out the temp was about 22, and I thought OK cool, the coldest I have run in was about 26 so I knew it would warm up before 7:30, and then when I woke up to run and I check the temp it had fallen to 19.2 degrees! I just knew that today was not going to be my best day out, heh heh.... plus to add to all the bad thoughts I had not gotten to run in about a week and a half, so I assumed that I would just be out of shape....Oh man.....

gratuitous Thanks:

Well, I know I could not have done it if it were not for God, who knows that even though I have let myself get fat...that I always had it in me, my wife who supports my running every morning by continuing to sleep in bed where it is warm and snuggled next to our dog (who is also very warm, heh) (actually granted she has hip problems and had an extreamly long day yesterday, so i wanted to give her the gift of sleeping! yes yes, I know I am a wonderful husband...Now if I could just get that folding laundry down, hew) I also have to think that the biggest looser the TV show had somethign to do with it...Even if it was just inspiring me to get my fat out on the track and see how much momentium I could get with starting the belly fat to bounce and see where I ended up after the jiggles, hew), and who knows myabe my brother was pushing me from heaven or making it even colder and lauging at the frozen breath in my soul patch), and of course, John Staviski my good friend who has been running each day we work out with me and pushing me (in his own quiet way) each step I take. I know that with out John this would never have been possible, because each morning that I would not want to wake up I knew that John would be up there and I would have to go! It good to be a friend! Oh yeah, and for my parents who give me money to eat with so that I don't whither and die...and of course their love and support...oh and my Nanaw, and Aunt Harryette, Christy, Kevin, Tom, mommy, Papa Eddie, Halo2, Brad, the Water OG friends, the HT, computers, my coaches in HS, clothing, etc.....

Well, I had to share this moment with everyone! It is a good day and a great week. Tiffany and I leave to goto Albq. tomorrow, and will be back on Thursday. We are getting interviewed for our ordination in the United Methodist Church, so please keep us both in your prayers during this week, for them to realize that it might not be too bad of an idea to have a crazy married couple in the ministry!

Ok enough of my thank you page for my mile marker....next up...2 miles, 3 miles, and a 5k run!!!!
(Oh and yes, I know that a mile is no big deal, and I am having some fun here...but you should know me a little by now...I love to have fun! ha ha ha.

Thank you all for your prayers and love! KUTPs!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great mile run!! We are all pulling for you. Thanks for the thanks--Love you, too, and want you especially healthy and staing wonderful!! Your Mom

DGH said...

Thanks Momma love you too! :)

Anonymous said...

You were awesome and your determination is very inspirational. keep up the good work and please please please get better soon.
john