Friday, March 11, 2005

The one about Jay getting my stem cells and Sheila's computer not working....

Well, I am typing this from Sheila's laptop here in Jay's room as he sleeps in a drug induced dream state. heh heh.... he sure is funny when he takes this much Adavan....but it also helps his pain a little and that is what is important for now....

This morning I went in a did my harvesting of my stem cells and it took about 3.5 hrs hooked up to the machine with one BIG needle in my left arm and a smaller one in my right hand. The machine would take my blood separate it out in to red, white, and plasma....and then pump it back into me. IT was a weird feeling because every now and then my teeth or butt would tingle, but other than that it was OK. Then I was a little tired and came back up to Jay's room. and around 2:45 pm EST they brought in my Stem cells to give to Jay.....Oh BTW....did I mention that they need 3,000 Stem cells for the procedure to come close to working and I gave them 11,000!!!!!!!! They put 6,000 in him right now and froze 5,000 to maybe give him at a later day if he needed them. Oh yeah....my stem cells must be like my hair and I got plenty of them both!!! heh.....

Well, Jay has taken them very good so far, but now it is a waiting game to see if they are working on killing off the cancer. That is where all the prayer needs to be directed for now. Apparently, for this procedure they did not kill off ALL the cancer cells with the radiation, in the hopes that the difference between us genetically will have my stem cells killing off his cancer cells and leaving everything else alone......

They have not given us a time frame as to when they will know for the radiation/chemo and transplant was successful, so now comes the time that we are patiently waiting and Jay does some painful suffering before he can get better. He is in a lot of pain right now...and has been ever since the last round of radiation from yesterday morning. The Dr. came by and assumed that the pain was acid reflux from the radiation.....but Jay told him it was primarily on his sides, and when he took deep breaths. It seems to really hurt him when he does a painful hick-up thing or when he moves from side to side....but the Dr. said that it is probably caused by inflammation of the linings of his lungs and possibly his heart from the radiation.....The Dr. told him that these next few days will be hard ones and smiled.... The head Dr. is really great and very sweet to all of us.....

Well, I don't know when they will let Jay go home to heal and drive back and forth each day...but maybe that will be soon and Jay can sleep in his own home and bed! But he did not do the usual and fight to go home, because his pain is so bad he knew that he wanted to stay here until they got it under control.

PLEASE KUTPs!!!!!!!!!

================================

I tried for 3 hrs last night to get the internet @ the hotel working with no luck, and so I had to wait until now to update via type and not only the phone updates. Thanks for your patience and I hope the audio blogs are not too bad.

===============================

Sheila and Tiffany are having lots of jokes about how Jay is going to slowly become me now that he has my stem cells, heh and usually it is all bad things that Jay has done that they have blamed on me so far....so I better get used to them...I have a feeling this will be going on for a long time......(I sure would not mind it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Well, for now, I think when Tiffany and Sheila gets back form dinner that we will play one more Skip-Bo game and we will go back to the hotel for my dad to get some sleep. I hate that Tiffany is leaving tomorrow, but I know it is for the best....I am just going to really miss her......she is the foundation for me as I am ministering here. Well.... her and God of course, heh.....

We have been ministering to anyone God sends our way. We prayed with the stem cells and the nurse and the technition right after we finished the harvesting and all the people we meet in the waiting room, and even one girl who was waiting for a job interview on the floor my brother is on, heh.

We are all very tired, but doing just fine and I can not tell yall how much we love and wish we could hug each and every one of you! Please keep up the prayers and know that God is with you right now....just like He is with us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you have stem cells like you do back hair!!!!!!! It was awesome to see you all on Monday and I hope Jay and family turn out alright. As I do that I hope you guys end up back in Kentucky! I'll KUTP's and just do your best to keep us informed... we totally understand that you've got alot more important things to do other than be at the computer!

Anonymous said...

DG: Even Abilene District is praying, especially this DS. Thanks for creating the blog so we can keep updated. Give Randy and Teresa a hug from me and they can hug all of you back.
May God bring healing for Jay and strength for all of you.
We love you,
Ava and Bob

DGH said...

Thank yall sooo much! Take care...and I will make sure they are hugged and taken care of!