Thursday, February 10, 2005

The one about a great map program, Jay update, and the start of some fun with pictures....

Well, I was just surfing the other day and I found out that google brought out their beta map program! Now, I am sure that a lot of you have used map programs in the past to get directions to somewhere, or just to see exactly where you live, but I really love the google beta maps! The directions are basic, and the maps are very clear to read, and if you want to move to the right, up, down, or left when you click the button the map (or even just hold the mouse button and move the map around) the map actually shifts to that direction instead of loading another picture of the map (like mapquest.com). It is very interesting...I am sure that there is much more to come since this is a beta, but then is wonderful for now. Still does not have the cool satellite pictures overlaid on top of it or anything like that (like the one I showed a long time ago, but it is a great simple easy to use map web site!

And here it is:

Google Maps

===========================================

Jay Update:

I just got off the phone with Jay and this was the best time I have ever had since the whole thing this Christmas that I could understand what he said and I could tell a noticeable improvement in his voice (the Dr.'s said it would happen, but it is always nice to hear it for yourself) and I asked him about his double vision, and he said that it was getting better very slowly!!!! Great news (that the Dr.'s said would also happen, but once again I am selfish, and I will believe it when I see it)

Jay sad he will continue to get the chemo in his spine this week, and they are still hoping to start the experimental chemo next week. Please pray for them one because we (or maybe I) really want them to start the chemo and get this cancer out and done with! (but never at the cost of hurting Jay.)

It was so good to hear Jay. I have not had a chance t call since the superbowl, and man I wish so much I could just go each weekend and give him a hug, heh. Oh well... Keep it up jay and know we all love and are thinking about you!

===============

Well, yesterday was Ash Wednesday and the Chinese new Year! I guess in China they repent and celebrate, ha ha ha! We had a wonderful evening service and afterwards I went t go eat with a friend and his father! We ate at what I consider to be the best Chinese restaurant in Santa Fe (Little house) and the owners there treat us like kings...maybe because we give them so much business, or not...but they cooked us a special Chinese dinner! It included, filet mignon w/ shrooms, Chilean sea bass, duck, and fresh sweat peas, and oranges to garnish! That food was sooo good! It was amazing......so if anyone out there is Chinese Happy New year and God bless ya!

========================

Some Fun With Pictures!!!!!!

I have seen this done in several magazines, and I know I do it all the time to ads and pictures so I thought I would start something that might cause a little more interaction between you and me here on the blog....

I will try to find a picture from the web as often as I can...and then you al post a comment that would be a good caption for the picture. It can be a discussion or a description or what ever, but I thought this could be fun...maybe if yall actually post comments, heh.... OK today's picture is:

(please keep it clean!!!!)

"Thank you Lord for Floaties!" (<---I will always put mine up here to start the thinking process)
=====================

Well, I am off to eat lunch and get back to work and make some visits around town. Yall take care and know I love and apprecite every single one of you people who read this, and as always....KUTPs!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My caption - "D.G.'s First Girlfriend"

Just kidding, dude!
CB

Anonymous said...

Dear D.G.. Thanks for update on Jay. I'll try to call him now. I am anxious to hear anxious to hear an actual voice!!! I think we revel in any improvement in any way. I, too, will be glad when they begin the chemo. Love, Mom

DGH said...

ha Ha! thanks Cody and Momma! except that Momma you forgot to leave a picture comment! oh well.....

Anonymous said...

Got clear to "Took a lickin and still chikin". Great to read this far. So good to read about Jay and to know prayer for him involves us all three: Me the Lord God and Jay.