Tuesday, January 18, 2005

The one with a good update from Sheila, that started off a great day....

Here is Sheila's latest update from this morning:

Jan. 18th Morning:

Today, Jay is feeling a little better.

His colonoscopy seems to be clear according to the Doctor but they did do some biopsies to do further testing. It will be a while before that gets backs.

He still does not have the full results of broncoscopy. He ate solid food for the first time last night.

They are changing his antibiotics today to make sure it's not the antibiotics keeping his fever high. He's begging to be sent home and that is a good thing.

I have to run home today to do some laundry and get more supplies. Jay's cousin Christy is leaving today for Dallas but his aunt and parents are staying through Friday.

I hope all of you are doing well. Things are improving here.

Thanks again,

Sheila
==============================

Good news!!! (and that is something we all need right about now.)

Well, I just wanted to say I had a wonderful day today! My mind has been so occupied about Jay that it has been difficult to "get my head in the game", but today, God showered me with love and support.

1) First off this morning, my wife kissed me...and even though that happens every day, she gave me a huge hug, and that meant more to me that a million HDTVs heh. Thank you Tiffany for.......love!

2) A member from our church told his co-workers about Jay's situation, and they all took a collection up from work to help with my expenses when I fly back up there for the bone marrow transplant in around 3 months! It floored me beyond all words.

3) Also, yesterday someone who I had a "unhappy" discussion with on Sunday (who I called to apologize that evening) came into my office to apologize to me! It is amazing to see how God is changing hearts and lives each day (including my own...even through this difficult time)!!!! (even though it happens yesterday it stuck with me though today)

4) Lastly, I just had a wonderful prayer time today and a wonderful staff meeting! It is a good day and now I am going to finish up my work (even though that is in reality impossible) and go home to give my big brother a call! Thank yall for your thoughts and support!

Please KUTPs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God bless yall!

2 comments:

Greg said...

Hey DG couldn't sleep and started thinking/praying about you guys. Know that you are on my mind and in my prayers. Its really odd because some of this stuff is stinking hillarious. When might you need to do the bone marrow transplant thing? I would like to be able to pray as specifically as possilbe.
I pray these words find you well. - Greg

DGH said...

thanks man! Well KUTPs we all need them and Jay especially! You rock, and thanks for listening to stay awake for a little time with God and talking baout us! Thank you soooo much!