Tuesday, January 04, 2005

The one about Jay becoming more like Jay.....

Well, today started off a little crazy trying to get Tiffany to the airport. We started about 30 mins late and then my father missed the exit to go to the airport and it made us even later...long story that really made me mad....but everything was just fine and Tiffany got on her airplane just fine and got all the way to Fort Worth/Dallas and found out that every flight from Dallas to Lubbock (Her final destination) had been cancelled for the last two days due to weather. :(

So...... the funny thing is Tiffany was going to fly out on Friday to go see friends right there in Dallas anyway so she just called her friend and asked if she could stay that a couple of nights sooner...so all is well and Tiffany might save us some money out of this whole thing..and if she plays her cards right maybe even a free fight voucher later on...here to to hoping, heh.

Well, we drove straight to the hospital this morning after dropping off Tiffany......I walked into the room and Jay's hand restraints were off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man, I knew that was a good sign and sure enough Sheila around 2:00 am this morning felt that he was enough in his right mind to take them off...so we walked in around 9:15 and Jay was sound asleep in his bed and I think we woke up Sheila too (She said she had a long night with Jay being sick all the time...but that he was coming out of his "state" and becoming good old Jay...just a lot slower and talking very raspy and soft (you would too with that freaken breathing tube in your throat for 7 days, heh).......

Well, today was a great day because a wonderful person (who I am not sure if I am allowed to say who they are) bought us hotel rooms to stay in that is really close to the hotel, and is saving us all the trouble of driving back and forth from Jay's home in Greensburg.... We can not tell you think you enough....ever! If I could I would buy you a wonderful gift of thanks and appreciation...but needless to say on a Pastor's salary the best you can get from me is lots of prayer...which at least in my book might even come out better in the long run, heh.....

So tonight will probably be my last night @ Jay's house and therefore unless the hotel has a computer then the blog posting will be scarce...but I am almost positive that Sheila has her computer hooked up via (dial-up gasp!!!!) in the hospital room, so maybe I can do a few updates there...and maybe is she feels like it she can send out her email updates again too.

Back to Jay though, He is so much better they have taken out every tube going into his body except they put the port in his right arm, but that is normal when he is doing all the chemo stuff and even though they had been having problems with getting it in there they got it in and he is now good to go for the chemo stuff.

he is still slow and slured in his speech, but his mind is back and you would find him laying down and every-now-and-then he would wink at Sheila and blow her a kiss.... (Like I said the good old Jay is back in town) he recognized me and we helped him remember a few of the things he said and did while drugged, and he smiled at them...but he is just so stinking tired and a little sick but a trooper (more like a Storm Trooper, heh) He had been throwing up water even, but today they gave him some kind of drug that cut down on the vomiting and he ate jello and I think it was ice cream, and then took some pills and kept it all down!!! Very good news!!!!

he was so nice to everyone even despite the pain of his new port, mouth, and throat. He turned on his own TV and sat up and even went to the bathroom by himself!!!! I feat that I was blessed to be present for..the nurse even gave him a high five for that one, heh. It is obvious that he is still scared and worried about all of this, but it is not like he has not gone through it all before....and this time he knows what is coming and is ready for it....I told him today that if I ever had any heroes above him that they have been shattered by this event! (and I meant it!) He is doing so amazingly well, that it really is starting to just be the time that he starts focusing on the cancer now and not the lungs or kidneys. He told me that he loved me and he just wanted me to know that no matter what happens, and the lovable, furry (well until the second round of chemo takes it all away), old Jay is back.......

Now comes the fun part of the chemo again and the prep work of getting my bone marrow/stem cells ready to be injected into Jay's bone marrow. We have found out a long time ago that I am a very good donor match, so that is very good news, and originally they told us that the extraction of my stem cells would be a while off, but now they are saying that they might be able to harvest them now and freeze them for when they need them.....maybe I love cooking too much, but I want them to be fresh and at the most kick @$$ best they can be and if freezing them will negatively effect them at all then I don't mind at all flying back up here and allowing them to harvest them from me. (especially since it has not been that long since I got over this Christmas sickness the entire Panhandle of Texas caught this Christmas, heh.

Please keep up your prayers though it is easy to get caught up in all the good news, and forget that Jay still has cancer and he is still running a small fever, and coughing up bile/mucus everytime you turn around. he is doing lots of sleeping (which is good) but he also needs to rest up because they are planning on giving him chemo tomorrow in his spinal fluid, because they said if it is as wide spread in his lungs like it just was that it is probably back in his nervous system as well again.

Soooooo.......please KUTPs!!!!!!!!!!


============================

Also, Nanaw our grandmother has been moved to the nursing Home where they hope she can regain her strength for a few days (max of 10) from her Panomia sp? I got nothing on that spelling) and hopefully she can get home soon to rest and get better @ home instead of a nursing home...that place is not the best of places believe you me!

===========================

other than that please pray for me to get rest every chance I can get it and that all this eating out food does not cause my heart to explode, heh.....I love eating out don't get me wrong but I am big enough as it is much less getting fatter by the hour, heh.

Thank you all for everything and God bless you all.....you have no idea how much I love and appreciate you all, and of course Jay and Sheila feel the exact same way! Love yall and please KUTPs!!!!!!

============================

OH P.S.

I still would not call the room to try to talk to Jay his voice is so bad that it would be impossible for him to talk back (and he would want to would try too, heh) and it would not help the healing...but you can call the room and most of the time you will get one of us staying there with him. Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us updated DG. Glad to hear that it worked out okay for Tiffany. I love all of you guys! Hug Jay and Sheila for me, and oh, by the way, try to get your dad to agree to see a doctor about his palsy while he is up there.
Love ya, Aunt Harryette

DGH said...

Thanks Aunt Harryette! I am working on it, thanks! Love you!