Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The one about Jay and his hat, and a great Cd and Dg gets on his soap box...

Well, the last I heard from Jay the Steelers were between plays and it was a commercial. We did not talk about the cancer and Jay told me and tiffany how much he loved one of our Christmas gifts we gave him that he finally got to open because he was home.


the last I heard from my parents was that they were still waiting for Jay's platelet counts to get higher, and for his temp to regulate to normal....so I am guessing that that is where our prayers and thoughts need to focus for now....so they can start the experimental chemo. So as always please KUTPs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

============================

UPDATE FROM SHEILA TODAY (1/25/05) morning:

Things are really no worse or no better.

Yesterday, we had to go to medical short stay. They technically want him at short stay every day but Jay has talked a few of his Doctors into letting him stay home and have the home nurse come by a day or 2 a week. Our home nurse is wonderful but she can't do transfusions or chemo so we have to be at the hospital for that. He has needed a platelet transfusion about every other day so that is the logic he used for taking every other day off. He is off today but we have to be back at the hospital Wednesday. It may be possible for him to get Thursday off too but it's something the Docs okay on a day by day basis Today, I'm going into work for a while to touch base and have some face time with the people there and my mom is coming to spend the day with Jay today. I can do most of my job remotely so it works out well but today's face time I think is very important.

Jay still needs a tremendous amount of constant care so leaving him alone can't even be considered at this point.

He had a lumbar puncture yesterday (spinal tap) and they put chemo in his spinal. This new chemo really causes him to have drastic personality changes for some time after they give it. Riding him home last night was very interesting. He seems better this morning. I just patted his leg and said "I love you too" a lot. :-)

Well, I have to finish getting ready for work and try to find my keys. I've been ever so slightly more absent minded during this ordeal so I've been on a perpetual quest for some missing item ever since this started. Today, the quest is for my keys, oh and Jay's Steeler hat which if I don't find soon (even though they lost) may cost me the "wife of the year award". Jay's pretty tolerant about stuff but his evil twin isn't.:-)


Take care everyone.

Sheila


==========================

For those of you who may care... I got a great CD the other day and I would love for anyone to listen to it...

I See things Upside Down by Derek Webb! his other latest CD (The House Show) is great too!

Let me share a little from one of my favorite songs from his latest CD:

t-shirts (what we should be known for)
(words and music by Derek Webb)

they'll know us by the t-shirts that we wear
they'll know us by the way we point and stare
at anyone whose sin looks worse than ours
who cannot hide the scars of this curse that we all bare

they’ll know us by our picket lines and signs
they’ll know us by the pride we hide behind
like anyone on earth is living right
and isn’t that why Jesus died
not to make us think we’re right

chorus
when love, love, love
is what we should be known for
love, love, love
it’s the how and it’s the why
we live and breathe and we die

they’ll know us by reasons we divide
and how we can’t seem to unify
because we’ve gotta sing songs a certain style
or we’ll walk right down that aisle
and just leave ‘em all behind

they’ll know us by the billboards that we make
just turning God’s words to cheap clichés
says “what part of murder don’t you understand?”
but we hate our fellow man
and point a finger at his grave

chorus
they'll know us by the t-shirts that we wear
they'll know us by the way we point and stare
telling ‘em their sins are worse than ours
thinking we can hide our scars
beneath these t-shirts that we wear


Do you see what is going on in his music? He is calling out for the church (Christianity) to be held accountable for what they d and say...and hopefully his music will challenge Christians and churches everywhere to start living out the truth found in the bible.....so others can not put generalizations about Christians based on what they hear from the vocal minority of Christians that lived their lives the way that this song suggests. I apologize on behalf of any Christians that are not know for their love and unity.....these are things that Christians should be know for love, love, and love....exactly what Christ lived and provided for this world, but sadly the humanity creeps into the church and sadly that is what is remembered about Christian in general, instead of allowing anyone who is not a Christian to develop a relationship with a true honest flawed person that has been helped and is continuing in our walk with Christ to become more and more like Christ, that loved everyone...even his enemies.

Ok, I am off my soap box, but if you are a Christian I ask you to buy this CD and listen to it and allow your life to be challenged...and if you are not a Christian...then buy this CD and get a dose of truth for a real open and wise Christian. It just may give you a glimpse of what Christianity could be when we are not hiding behind our t-shirts and keeping our scars hidden from the rest of the world.

==========================

OK its over..I hope you got through it all, but if not...that's is OK too. :)

Ok for all of you who need a pick me up after that here is something for you:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya, Deeg. Personnally, I think Derek Webb is about the best music out right now. Amazing spiritual conviction set to bluegrass. In my warped musical mind, that's about as good as it gets!
CB

DGH said...

Hehe, yeah i guess so. Thanks for the support C!

Oh do you sign your comments with CB because you are lazy? worried about someone stealing your ID? or is the truth of the matter that you want to be more like me....except with less hair and less fat? ha ha

j/k love ya man!

Anonymous said...

DG,
There are three trains of thought why I only go by CB:
1. I'm lazy.
2. It's my secret code so your wife doesn't figure out who I am.
3. I'm just typing for the other CB's in my household. For example, I asked the youngest CB this morning what he thought about Derek Webb and he said "A-ba-ba-ba-ba-guh-guh-guh-goo" which when translated, means "I think Derek Webb holds a great insight into Christ's view of the Church as his Bride versus man's current definition of what the Church should be. He also puts it into a very pleasing musical format that makes you sing along while you are actually thinking about what you are singing" or something like that.

Let me know which one you think is correct.
CB

DGH said...

#4

You want to be like meeeeeeeeee! heh. Love ya man! thanks for commenting! I know a lot of people read this, but no one hardly ever comments! Ithelps me to know that yall are still out there, heh. Thanks again, and I will make sure that tiffany reads your comment....that is funny!