Thursday, December 16, 2004

The one about DG's new computer............

I think that I am going to start helping those of you who are trying to find old posts to make your searching a little easier. I will try to title the blog post like they titled the Friends TV series episodes. For those of you who did not know all of the titles of the Friends Episodes have the term, "The one that" before the title and then a small description of what the show was about. Very smart if you ask me (are you asking me? heh) Because all it takes is one person trying to tell you about their favorite episode and they help you remember the episode by saying, "The one that Joey had a hand twin", or "the one that Ross wore leather pants", etc....

I also know of a church in Cinnci that the Pastor titled all his sermons just like that too, because he knew his audience was people who watching Friends. Smart, very smart (did you ask me? heh)

Well, this one is about all the parts to my new computer! Now I know this might be a little over the top for most of you, but at least a few of you might know what in the world I am talking about. This is the first computer I have put together myself, and therefore very exciting, but I am sure that i will get through it, and it really does not seem that hard to me, but I am sure I will find out that several phone calls to Jay or Thor will be needed, heh...(BTW Thor what is your phone number email me, heh) Ok 1st off the processor (i.e. Brains of a computer that does all the thinking) My CPU is this one:

CPU (Central Processing Unit)


AMD Athlon 64 3500+, Socket 939, 512KB L2 Cache 64-bit Processor

Motherboard

Next up the MB (Motherboard) This one has been the greatest hassle because it just came out the 2nd week of December and I only had the money to get it this week, and needless to say they were out of the first shipments, and then Asus decided that since the demand for the MB was so great that they would jack up the price until the demand got lower, so needless to say that is killing me but it is order and will get to me probably on Tuesday.


Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe

Memory


2 512MB 400 184 DIMM of Corsair Value Select RAM. (VS1GBKIT400 on the list on the link)

RAM Heat Spreaders

I also bought some heat spreaders for the RAM, that have cool blue LED lights on them that match the case lights and color, heh.


2 Thermaltake Memory Cooling Kits

CPU Heat Sink and Fan

of course got to have the CPU cooling device:


Thermaltake Silent Boost K8

DVD/CD-ROM Dirve


Pioneer DVD/CD Dual Layer burner

Hard Drive


Western Digital Caviar SE 200GB 7200 8MB

Video Card


ASUS ATI Radeon X700 PRO PCI-E Video Card

Case

(A VERY cool (looks and temp) Case)


Aspire X-Navigator Silver

Software

and last but not least Windows XP Pro OEM, and I had to get Half-Life 2



(I mean I had to see if the computer would run properly. right? Oh yeah!)

I am hoping that a lot of my other programs will run on this new computer and be Ok, I might need to get another Virus protection software, but that is just a given...other than that I think everything else I can just get via DLing (downloading).

Well, I am not sure if any of you care, but I wanted to show everyone what I will be putting together as soon as the MB gets in. (should be Tuesday)

I hope yall are having a great week and everyone's shopping and wrapping, and stuff like that are finished or well on their way to being finished, heh. Yall take care and God bless ya!

Next time look for the post about good songs, and my theory on what makes a GREAT song! KUTP!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow a CUP cooler! very cool! HAHA!
Just poking fun at my younger brothers typo's... hehe

Love Ya,
Jay

DGH said...

This one was hard to spell check because almost every "computer" termis not in the blog dictionary, heh. Thanks for popinting it out!


Heck thanks for reading it! heh. Love ya Jay!

Anonymous said...

You're not going with a Linux OS? A computer like that needs a REAL operating system!!

Don't listen to me, I haven't made the switch yet either. As much as I'd like to stick it to the man, I just don't want to mess with it. Compy looks sweet though.
-Stevo