Saturday, November 06, 2004

Watched the Incredibles yesterday........

I was trying to remember the movies that have come out this year to think if I have seen a better movie than this one all year long. The Incredibles beat out such movies as: i, Robot, Spiderman 2, The Bourne Supremacy. Nope this is the best movie I have seen all year long...and even though The Passion of the Christ came out this year..this is much more enjoyable than that one, (you know what I mean). This movie was amazing and I can not say enough about how great it was. There was action, family values, marriage values, justice, in-justice, coming-of-age, and of course the good stuff like explosions, super hero saving people from burning buildings, super powers, gadgets, etc..... Great movie go see it and then go see it again to catch everything you might have missed. Most movies if I watch it in the theater (not my home theater, heh) I just wait for it to come out on DVD and watch it at home, but man this one I would see at least 2 more times. Yeah...go see it!

========================

Halo 2 update:

Well for those of you who care here is a great article on how much this game is going to incorporate stats. It looks like Bungie is giving the sports titles a run for their money on stats. You have got to see the bungie.net screen shots of the game view screens. I think this will really up the ante when it come to strategy. You can read all about it at the first link and then you can read a little more about it on the last Bungie Update from Frankie below as well:

IGN Article on Stats
(as a compliment to the IGN article go to their screen shots of bungie.net to see what they are talking about (IGN screenshots of Bungie.net)

&

Last Halo2 Weekly Bungie Update

Oh and BTW you can even go to the bungie.net web site and login with your .NET password and then check out the "My stats" link at the very top of the page. They have some basic stuff up there and it is truly amazing! They even have several maps of each multi-player map and it will show you where you were, what weapon you were using for each kill you gave, and then the same for each time you were killed. On top of that they give out medals and rankings as you get better and better in the game play! This is amazing, and you just have to go see it if you want to experience it. Actually I will be able to see the game stats of those playing in New Zealand (the first country to play Halo 2, @ 5:oo am in the morning while they are playing the game 12:00 am their time. (Yes, yes, I know it may seem like I am obsessed, but in a way I am intrigued by what this company is doing by promoting this kind of community ! They realize that the main game is not the biggest part of this game, and the online multi-player is the key. They knew that there would be people without a DSL or Cable connection so they had to create a single player game, but eveything they could not fit on the game they just made bigger and badder on their website. Man I hope that website does not ever go down, there will be lots of angry people, heh.



========================

Jay Update:

jay told my parents last night that he would probably not have to go back to the hospital until Monday! That is really good news, because it means that the Dr.'s think that he is healing up just fine and no need for extra help (for now). So please KUTP.

========================

Just think it is 3 more days and you get to stop hearing me talk about a video game (add sarcasm voice here, ha ha) But then it might be a while until I post again, because I will be so........hard at work....yeah that is it hard at work....heh heh. Thank yall for caring and please know I love ya and am praying for ya! Take care and God bless yall!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked The Incredibles, but felt that Spider-Man 2 was a bit better. But they're both pretty fantastic movies.

- THOR

Anonymous said...

Hi, D.G., I certainly agree with your assessment of the movie, The Incredibles. It was very, very good; however, Nemo still pulled my heartstrings a bit more. I love watching the movie in the afternoon with all the cute little kids. They sure were quiet and really watched the movie. Also thanks for the link for stuff for the church. I am still trying to get Igniting Ministries needs in the budget. Of course, it all depends if people really want to put money into reaching out. We will both keep praying. We love you lots. Love, Mom