Saturday, October 16, 2004

Left, right, Liberal, conservative, up, down, x,y, or even z.....

Well, I was watching the news from a station way up north on the internet and they did a Story on a website that helps you see where you fit into the labels of Political values. I took it and was somewhat surprised, and so I thought I would share it with you....

IDEAlog.org

1) BEFORE you start on the page your going to you need to click the link on the left that says, "Run IDEAlog"

2) After clicking this link the page makes sure you have Flash and then you click the button in the middle of the page that says, "Run Idealog" heh.

3) The email address is optional, so you don't have to put it in just click the "next" button.

4) I would suggest you take the "Tutorial", but you can always just jump right in and take the "Self-Test".

The site was originally meant to allow college professors to log their students into the site and then allow them and the students to see where their class mates fall into the political labels...your name is not ever asked for, so don't worry. It is very interesting to see where you fall, especially when you thank you fall somewhere else.

But I always remember what I say when people ask me if I am Democrat, or Republican......"Christian," is what I say. After all, isn't that the label we should all be striving for people to place on us. (If your a Christian) The mark of God.... i.e. Name of God on our heart, forehead, actions, and mouth; the term we should want to be labeled by in our families, and churches?

Take care and God bless you all....No one will ever know where I come down on all issues in a generic sense, but I love talking about specific issues, especially when I can search the Bible and discuss them with other people, heh!

Love ya! In the most manly, heterosexual, Christian way possible!


(BTW in regard to the last sentence.... I am happily married so...back....back....get off me...you sweet hearted marriage haters....ha ha ha ha) (Yeah that'll happen, ha ha ha) (for all the weird people that cannot understand my jokes or humor....the last remarks were indeed a joke, and should not be taken as anything more, heh)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you on the "Christian" answer! But my friend would disagree. How would you go about getting someone to see how important it is to keep your faith in political issues? She's having a problem with the gay marriage thing being possibly banned, she thinks church and state should be different. She knows someone that is gay, and I know that that always changes people on their thoughts about that issue. Hope you have a super week! I love you guys!!!
In Christ~
Michelle

DGH said...

Well, I too agree with a seperation of Church and state, because if I moved to a certian part of the country where Christianity is not the accepted norm (wait I am already there, heh) then I would not want my children having to do and say thing that were contrary to our beliefs....Humanity tried the combination of both church and state and it did not work very well, heh.

Besides, marriage is a Biblical term, the government did not come up with marriage, and so I question all of it. The only thing I see in the issues from the government side is tax breaks and things like that. And I really am not sure about how I think about that one, heh.

Anonymous said...

I too agree with the separation of state and a federally-mandated religion, which is what I believe the authors of the Constitution had in mind. However, I think the modern definition has been skewed to be so politically correct and inclusive that the original interpretation has been lost.
My faith in Christ affects everything I do, including my political beliefs. To think that I could disengage my faith from my decision-making process in any area would be foolish.
By the way, Deeg, I took the test, and was not at all surprised by the results. Also, even if nobody else does, I get and appreciate your sense of humor.
CB

Anonymous said...

So what was the result? Just out of curiosity.
Reese

DGH said...

My result?......

It is funny I could not tell what it said except that I was......


Christian.....heh. Soory man, I will never let anyone know...not even Tiffany....ask her she really does not know, heh.

Anonymous said...

Interesting test, although the results were not that surprising to me.

Some of the questions were just a little too open ended.
Do you think xyz was good for America.

Well that changes over what time period you are thinking of. Some programs have done incredible advances that were necesary but have become shells of their true intent. Tough to answer a couple of these with A or B when my real answer would be in the middle.

All in all a fun exercise.

Like the site, keep on keeping on. It's all about the journey.

DGH said...

Totally agree that there should be a 3rd option (or for that matter 7th one, heh)But yeah the site does it's purpose and I thought it was interesting, and at the very least I think it's purpose is just to get peple thinking. I hope that no one will just take it and say hmmm, I guess I am x/y/z/quark, heh.

................