Friday, February 11, 2005

The one with one more Jay update....

Sheila's email

Feb 10th, '05:

This week has been very busy. I went to work Tuesday and today. Things there are hectic and very busy.
Wednesday, Jay and I went to the hospital for him to have another LP with methotrexate. We will do this again tomorrow. Last night we got home from the hospital at 7:30 PM and we both laid down for a nap and didn't wake up until 7:30 this morning. We really needed the sleep.

Jay is having a rough night tonight , he is feeling very weak and said that his back and arm seem numb. He seems very tired.

My infusion went well on Wednesday. The only side effects were fatigue, a very mild headache and a strange feeling in my muscles. All VERY minor things. I was very happy about it. Sure beats 1 day with the avonex -flu each week. I don't have to have another infusion for 28 days.

Jay is still having trouble talking and the methrotrexate causes him to get easily agitated.
The home nurse is still coming by each day to draw blood.
He wanted waffles with blueberry syrup so I ran by the grocery store on my way home. He ate them then went to sleep.

===================================

Well, Tiffany and I travel tomorrow, one stop in Albq...to do another AI, and then continuing down to Las Cruces, NM to listen to some talks given by the Wesley Foundation students and then back to Santa Fe Sat.

The weather looks like it might not be perfect, so as always I ask to please KUTPs!!!!!!!! Thanks!...and good night/day/weekend!

No comments: